|Founded in 1996|
|Country: United Kingdom|
|1 car included|
- "Ascari Cars was founded in 1996 by Klaas Zwart. The company is named in honor of Italian race driver Alberto Ascari, who dominated the Formula One World Championship in 1952 and 1953. The name can also be interpreted as Anglo Scottish CAR Industry. Lee Noble designed the initial car, called the FGT. The FGT was raced in the British GT Championship by Zwart.
- An updated version of the FGT named Ecosse became the first production road model in 1998. With BMW engines tuned by Hartge to 400-hp and only 17 built, in combined performance and exclusivity.
- In 2000 the shape of the new KZ1 model was revealed as a show car, and it was launched by 2003. The KZ1 continued Ascari's trend of V8 power in a well set-up chassis without electronic aids such as traction control. The KZ1R version was used in the FIA GT3 European Championship.
- In honor of the company's tenth anniversary, the A10 prototype was created as a racing version of the KZ1. Equipped with a sequential gearbox and 625-ho engine for serious performance, it has a top speed of 220 mph.
- Ascari's latest production car is the KZ1–R. This is a version of the GT3 race car intended for road use. With a 520-hp engine, it's capable of reaching 0-60 mph in 3 seconds.
- In addition to cars, Ascari also has its own track-based facility, Ascari Race Resort. Completed in 2003, it is located near the historical town of Ronda, Spain. It has distinction of being the longest racetrack in Spain, at 5,425 meters. The carefully designed circuit is used as a venue for race team testing manufacturer promotion, and a playground for club members."
Year Model PI 2012 KZ1R S 626 July Car Pack